11 ways to enhance your notebook battery life longer
Here i blog the post by http://techrena.blogspot.com about how to enhance your laptop battery, if you find this article helpfull share with your friends and give credits to the original blog.
- Do ‘Defragment’ Regularly.Defragmentation speeds up your Hard disks thus reducing some extra burden on your notebook batteries.
- Dim your notebook display screen.You can turn down the brightness of your notebook’s display by using Function Keys[In most of the modern laptops].
- Don’t run a ‘virus scan’ unnecessarily when you are running on battery,virus scan does add extra load on the CPU so as on the batteries.
- Monitor your battery performance on a regular basis.
- Clean your battery Contacts:It’s always suggested to take out your battery once in two or three months and clean the metal contacts with cloth moistened with rubbing alcohol.
- Choose ‘Hibernate’ over ‘Standby’.Although Standby mode does save some power but it’s nowhere near when compared to ‘Hibernate’ mode,so opt for ‘Hibernate’ instead of ‘Standby’.
- Turn off laptop display when you are away from it for shorter duration.You can make use of external software like m_off to do this for you.
- Maintain Charging-Discharging balance.Once you completely charge your battery,allow it to discharge at least once in a week.
- Turn off Bluetooth,IR & wireless radios when running on battery if you no longer need them.
- Don’t attach USB devices[if you don’t really need them] attached to your notebook when running on battery.USB devices like iPod if kept attached to your notebook[for charging],are sure to drain your battery quickly.
- Make wise use of the ‘Power Options’ available in the ‘Control Panel’ of your windows.