Dell only release Windows XP Driver for Dell latitude d610. There are 2 types of Dell latitude d610:
Dell latitude d610 with ATI Mobility X300 graphic.
Dell latitude d610 with Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family graphic.
For both ATI and Intel, there are no support for Windows 7 either from the laptop manufacturer or from the Intel/ATI. I already write a post on how to install Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family graphic and ATI mobility X300 graphic for windows 7.
Base on the information i have, i list down the drivers base on the hardware compatibility. Some of them are directly from the manufacture and some of them are from the third party. This is my initial suggestion and any feedback are gratefully appreciated because it would help me to revise the drivers i listed here.
1. If the Audio, Wifi, Modem, Webcam and Bluetooth working after Windows 7 installation, DO NOT install the drivers for those since it is working and installing other driver may lead to stability issue.
Click on the following link to go to the download and installation instruction page.
Sigmatel STAC 975x AC97 WDM Audio Driver
NOTE: If your sound work, don't install this driver
Download this file: Download
1. Extract the driver file.
2. Open device manager by click start and type DEVMGMT.MSC and press enter,
3. you will see audio marked with yellow.
4. Right click on it and select update Driver.
5. select BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE.
6. Select LET ME PICK FROM A LSIT OF DEVICE DRIVER IN MY COMPUTER.
7. Untik the "show compatible hardware" if it appear on top left corner. he select HAVE DISK
8. Select BROWSE and point to the driver folder we extract earlier. (RXXXX - WDM)
9. Select the Stac97.inf and continue with onscreen instruction until installation finish. reboot.
Texas Instrument Media Card Reader.
1. extract the file using winrar.
2. Install using the same method to install audio driver.
(you can skip step 6 by select browse and point to the driver folder we extract earlier)
If failed proceed with the step 6 in audio driver installation instruction.
Intel Wireless 2200BG/2XXXBG
Extarct the driver folder and install the driver by using the same method to install Card reader driver.
(you can also use windows XP driver from intel Download center site which tested work for 2200BG)
If you have any problems do let me know by leaving your comments in the comment section below.